There is nothing I like so well as finding a new recipe. One that satisfies and becomes an instant addition to my family cookbook.
Unless it is the knowledge that this new recipe will not only be an addition to the cookbook but also become instant comfort food.
I like even better when that thing turns out to be a warm soup on a cold rainy day!
I have found an easy, inexpensive, crock pot soup that just made my day today! So I thought I would share it with you…
This recipe is made in the crock pot and will make a full 5 quarts! So be prepared for tons of leftovers and it does freeze VERY well! This is one of those things I will make and freeze for Ryan in single serving tupperware when I travel.
1. 4 medium potatoes diced (peeling optional, I use baby red potatoes so I don’t peel them)
2. 14 ounces of frozen broccoli florets (I thaw and then chop them into much smaller pieces)
3. 1 medium yellow onion diced
4. 2 (16oz) packages of Polish Kielbasa Sausage (I would suggest dicing the kielbasa into small pieces but you can also do the rounds)
5. 4 (10 3/4 oz) cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
6. 1 tsp salt
7. 1/2 tsp pepper
8. 2qts water
In 5qt crock pot add 2qts water and then stir in all the cream of mushroom soup and stir until smooth. Add salt and pepper and stir. Add diced potatoes, onions, broccoli, and kielbasa. Stir well and cook on high for six hours and ENJOY!