Good Morning Xangaland!
Today’s post is another assignment from the Kween. The assignment is as follows:
Everyone has something about them that is attractive, yes, every last one of us!
In this society, where youth and beauty are constantly pushed in our faces as the ultimate statement of beauty, I believe that we are missing out on the absolute best, most interesting, and endearing characteristics of the human being.
Because I endeavor to bring out the best in my Kweendom, my challenge is as follows:
List five (5) qualities of your character that make you attractive.
You may attempt this in most any manner that pleases you. Be it long explanations or short lists, I leave it up to you.
To read more on this topic from the others involved in this assignment go HERE.
This assignment was not an easy one for me… I feel as if I am constantly searching within myself and finding things I never expected to find. At the same time finding that the things I thought were concrete are not… they are shifting and changing…. And therein lays the first answer.
1. My ability to shift and change as life moves all around me… to find the flow of the river and jump in with both feet… I may sometimes hesitate, oh I’ll just say it like it is, I may flat out throw myself to the ground, kick my heels, and scream and cry, but in the end I can shift gears and make it work.
2. The fact that I can admit that I have faults. I am not perfect. I am not the best I can be. I have no patience and I’m a hot head… I believe that the moment I’m satisfied with me, I might as well as curl up and die… because the fat lady has sung.
3. Logic. In my family we call it Jones Justification…. The ability to spin a web of logic around any situation. To make something that we want not only sound like a good idea but the only idea. I can always find a reason to get something done the way I want it done…
4. …. And if I can’t I can eat crow…. Maybe not with perfect meekness but I can, in the end eat crow and start over.
5. I am a warrior. I fight with all my heart day in and day out and I don’t leave a soldier behind. No matter how bad things might be in my own situation, no matter how I might be bleeding, I can’t walk away from someone who really needs my help.
And just for fun and as a contrast, also list five (5) characteristics YOU find attractive in a person.
The field is open, be it what you want in a mate or a friend or merely an acquaintance.
1. Joy. True pure joy that stays the tests of life. The ability to make a room erupt into laughter by telling an old worn out joke some new way.
3. Wisdom… to be able to speak truth and strength into the heart of someone who needs your help…. no matter how much schooling you have had.
4. Gentleness. The ability to remain calm and gentle in the face of a roaring impatient person (like me) with a smile on your face!
5. Patience… I have none and so I admire it… and I find it attractive because it is the one thing that I am told is required to be in my life… lol since I have none.
Definitely not an easy list to write…..
Song of the day… A Living Prayer by Alison Krauss
I fixed the links over in the custom module for those of you who tried them… why didn’t someone tell me they were broken?
I had this ” instead of this ” in my code, how goofy is that?